The 411
Friday: Ainsley and Andrew arrived in New York to stay with me for the weekend - Andrew had a teacher's conference in Brooklyn on Saturday...
Friday Night: Peer pressured to stay out with Hannah and her Swedish friend Viktor - so glad I did...we went from tapas and sangria to Jones for a beer, then off to this awesome kareoke place called Chorus...here is the kicker - YOU RENT YOUR OWN ROOMS! So we had our own room for eight people and an entire kareoke set-up...all I have to say is the middle table was the stage, and we broke out everything from New Kids on The Block to ABBA for the Sweds! :)
Saturday: Had brunch and dinner with Todd Lawton. He used to play for University of Portland and helped out with one of my teams back in the day. He is currently working for Nike Soccer New York and we caught up over brunch and then dinner...so great to find a fellow NW soccer person!
BIG SURPRISE: Ainsley and Andrew got back from the conference...they had decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to get there and half way across he says, "I have a confession to make: there is no conference." Then he got down on one knee and proposed in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge on the most beautiful day in NY! :) She was flabbergasted (in a good way) and after putting the ring on her finger they went to lunch under the Bridge where Andrew had reservations!!!! I feel so blessed to be a part of it as they are staying with me!
Sunday: We have a game, and a whole bunch of stuff before the game. I will be at MSG from 11:00 am until 10:00pm - on a 72 degree day... :) We better win!
Job is getting better, leg is getting better, life is getting better - think I found a roommate - Jorge - still bitter that Hannah is leaving...but all in all I am blessed! I am going to move to the lower east side for sure come september though!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home