I found a church!
I am very excited as I finally found a church home! I have been looking, and believe it or not I received a mailer postcard, saw that it was close, non-denominational - and I said, "ok, this Sunday, Mosaic it is!" When I went, at first I thought the worship was a little interesting, but I loved the "mosaic" of the church members. Younger, older, middle aged, black, latino, white, asian, middle eastern - It was truly beautiful. And the sermon was on Leadership - leading with integrity and with Christlike love and values - loving people, not money, or promotions...it was timed quite well in my life as well - it made me realize that I am so very blessed, and that I may not let the ever so common idea of work being a burden - but rather a blessing!
Katie Walker has arrived, and will be living here for two months while she interns with a structural engineering firm called LERA. They are the epitome of structural engineering firms in the world - oh, and did I mention that she is going to Stanford in the fall?! She is basically, AMAZING! We had a great first Sunday filled with Starbucks, naps, church, brunch, a cocktail, shopping for cleaning supplies, and meeting all the people that I have told her about here in NYC - quite possibly a little intimidating - but she did wonderful! :o)
I have physical therapy in six hours so I better get to the shower and into bed! GOODNIGHT SWEATPEA.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home