"Independent of others and in concert with others, your main task in life is to do what you can best do and become what you can potentially be." - Enrch Fromm

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Praise the Lord!

There is a God! In five and a half hours I will be at the Hospital for Special Surgery on East 70th and York preping for surgery to get my frame off! :) The actual procedure begins at 8am, and will last about an hour. The only hesitation I have is concerning the anesthesia, and my reaction to it - I don't believe it will be that bad considering I am only going to be under for a certain period of time...Todd Lawton will be picking me up from the hospital whenever the nurse says it is okay for me to be released...let's just hope it is between 12 and 4 PM because that is when Todd doesn't have meetings! :)

For all those back home...this might seem weird, but I will get up at five am - prepare to get into a cab at 5:30, watch the skyline and the sun come over the East River while I ride in a cab up to the hospital. It will be my first large adventure/difficult time as a professional single adult. I have had a bit of anxioty about this day, but the closer I have gotten the more peace the Lord has brought to my heart. I am ready to have the halos removed, and excited to move on to the next phase of my recovery and my life. Please keep me in your prayers as I am embarking on a whole new level of my journey - but also know that I am in God's hands, and I wish for only His will to be done.

Today is not only my surgery, but George's 24th Birthday - man you are old G-Baby! I love and miss you and can't wait until you are out here with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home