Comfortable or challenging?
When is which appropriate? When in life do people sit down and choose one or the other? Do people settle for comfortable, when in fact challenging is where they meet their actual potential? Is it such a crime to not reach your ultimate "potential". Who even invented potential anyway? Is it really that big of a deal? It seems to me after asking all of these hypothetical questions that the only thing that matters is if at the end of the day each person is satisfied with his or her life...at this statement we could then get into a whole discussion as to wha satisfaction is - but I don't have time for that. Let's just define it as: peace on the heart, joy in your step, goal in sight.
I am young, this I am realizing more and more each day - especially in a vaccum like New York. It is so historic, and experienced, I feel like a kindergardener at my first show and tell - a bit nervous, but so excited to tell my little classmates about my life. I am small, and inexperienced and so naked at times; this is partly why I love New York, but it is also why I hate it so.
It really is a love/hate relationship - almost an abusive and obessive one. But when it's good, it's good...
I just pray that I realize the day when I don't have joy in my step, and I have the strength to break through my comfort zone...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home