"Independent of others and in concert with others, your main task in life is to do what you can best do and become what you can potentially be." - Enrch Fromm

Saturday, June 19, 2010

DAY 3 - Cullinan Diamond Mine, Pretoria




I must admit this morning was a toughie...after not enough sleep I had to be ready to go at 9am with Jennifer (my tour guide) for my experience at the Cullinan Mine and Pretoria. Now the Cullinan diamond mine produces over 800,000 carats of gold a year...that is a lot! (not that I have anything to measure it against!) The tour was educational, and the actual diamonds are just beautiful. I have a thing for the mixture of black and white ones...




Pretoria is the political and educational capital of South Africa. It is where the Union Building is located and all of the foreign embassays. Not to mention a WC stadium! The history is rich, and full of war stories of various groups of native tribes and/or European groups fighting for land etc...very much reminds me of The Oregon Trail...covered wagons and everything!




Then Steven arrived and we headed to a dinner we were invited to by Nike - tons of fun with great people!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip! Great effort with the python! Hugs Papa

5:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip! Great effort with the python! Hugs Papa

5:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home