"Independent of others and in concert with others, your main task in life is to do what you can best do and become what you can potentially be." - Enrch Fromm

Monday, June 14, 2010

I HAVE ARRIVED!

After waiting on the tarmac at JFK for over 2 hours, and having my blood pressure go higher than I ever thought possible, I landed in Atlanta with 10 minutes to RUN to the exact opposite end of the airport (with train ride in between) to catch my flight to Joburg. I was not the only person on my flight from NY making the connection so they waited for us - THANK GOODNESS.


I met a new friend, a great guy, father, husband from Long Island who used to coach and we shared stories of how we ran to the flight from the one from NYC. Once we calmed down we noticed just how awesome business class is for a long flight...we had seats that extended all the way into flat beds! Let's just say my 15 hour flight was much easier than a flight to Florida! We took off, I ate dinner while watching "GOOD HAIR" (documentary by Chris Rock) then fell asleep watching INVITICUS and woke up with only 2 hours to go in our flight! Simply awesome.


I then had a very seamless trip to my hotel - and I am headed off now to the US Soccer hotel to meet up with some friends for dinner! I can't wait until Steven gets here so I have a partner in crime!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Court!
This is GREAT. I'm making a printout (with larger print) for Grammie to follow along, too. This is a marvelous way to share.
Be safe and have fun!
Love,
Aunt Sharon

4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home