"Independent of others and in concert with others, your main task in life is to do what you can best do and become what you can potentially be." - Enrch Fromm

Saturday, February 04, 2006

In a funk...

For some reason yesterday was one of anxiety, frustration and downright saltiness. Work was somewhat of a "blah" day by no one else's accord but my own. I had organized a happy hour with the ladies from work...then was supposed to meet up with a girl from high school...

Long story short, happy hour was a waste of time and 50 dollars. I leave bars frustrated when I spend too much money, don't get a buzz and don't have a good time - then realize that I am in the middle of midtown with no where to go. So I decided I wanted to see a movie at 10 pm. But not just any movie, I wanted to see King Kong. I called Jamie, and we both know that wasn't going to happen b/c it is three hours long...I settle for coming home and watching a movie with Jamie on TV. On my walk to Grand Central to catch the six train, I called Nikki. I haven't spoken to my best friend for at least two weeks - which in our lifetime seems like forever. We caught up on work, which men are or aren't in our life for whatever reason, and how a squirl got caught in my mother's closet. Her phone dies, cutting the long awaited phone call to a premature close and I have to wait on a platform for at least twenty minutes to catch a train. When I finally get home - I am just done. I am fed up. Salty, Sour, annoyed and hungry. Jamie is amazing, and deals with this mood of mine in the most artistic of ways. First she makes me understand I am in a bad mood (this I wasn't aware of) and then before giving me a swift kick in the pants asks me why...why I am in this mood. I deny why - then after the third time she asks is all comes out.

I am annoyed because: I spent fifty bucks and didn't have fun; I saw the Oregon coast in a movie and I just want to be there; I miss just sitting and watching movies and eating chips with Nikki; a boy who intriques me is too chicken to call me; I was tired of the sales hustle; I wanted to play soccer, but Todd didn't call me back with details on where or when and I have been looking forward to doing this all week long; I bought a jacket for an event and it wasn't delieverd on time and now I have to be a bitch to the owner just to get my money back; I was hungry but upset that it was midnight and I shouldn't eat that late...

Then she stopped me - said, "Get up, we are going to Two Boots" Which is a pizza joint up the street, and so I got up, walked with her to two boots, was cranky all the way up there until we got our pizza and she just said, "Courtney, stop it, you are being ridiculous."

And I realized I was.
And I ate my pizza and laughed with my amazing, beautiful roommate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel ya. That was me today.

I hate spiders. I had a water pipe freeze and start leaking. I had to crawl under my house and play the handyman we all know I am not.

Give me a computer and I'll fix it.

1:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home