"Independent of others and in concert with others, your main task in life is to do what you can best do and become what you can potentially be." - Enrch Fromm

Friday, October 07, 2005

Mama's in town!

My mother and her lifetime friend Laurie have been in the city for two whole days this Friday! They have had their fair share of taking the wrong subway, seeing a broadway musical in Rent, sleeping in as a result of taking the cross country route - and of course having lunch in Little Italy today with my and my bestest boyfriend (not romantic) Damian! It was great, because we sat outside and got in a wonderful atmosphere before the rain hit. Yes, you heard me - the actual time I am able to spend with my mother it is raining! I am excited as tonight it is going to be girls night as, Hannah, Jamie, Jessica, Laurie and my mom have a fun night on the town.

Now some of you who actually read this might be worried about the terrorist threat on the subway. I wish I could express to you the media spectacle that it has become - yes there is more police presence - but everyone still needs to go to work - and life goes on. For the most part the subway system is very safe here in NYC. My mother has made me take cabs for the past day - but at the end of the day - myself and the rest of New York are not going to live scared. This is our life, and our city...if something is going to happen...it is going to happen.

I will have more pictures later - as for now, just words - :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home