Just what the doctor ordered...
I went upstate to my friend Damien's house this weekend to get away from it all and deal with a little of the catharsis of the accident...Friday we spent the night on his family's boat with his mom and dad watching the Yankee game while eating Chinese - the breeze off the Hudson Valley dried my tears and the sleep was well deserved - Saturday was a crummy day which didn't involve laying out in the sun by the pool, because there was NO sun...but naps, good company and a shower were all I needed to then go to the beautiful campus of West Point and Army where I joined one of my mentor's and his family for dinner -
Sunday it was back to the city - where my girlfriends and I had a "girl" day - full of drinks, talking, movie watching, walking, and ultimately Hannah and I went to the rooftop of 60 Thompson and just felt the breeze with great conversation...the view was wonderful - so peaceful when you get off the street level -
Monday was a typical Monday.
Now off to do laundry and have dinner with Katie Walker -
Thank you to all of those friends and family who have called with their love and concern - I am truly blessed to be so loved.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home