Will it just get better already?!
I am talking about my leg...sometimes I wonder if I came to NYC a bit too early. If I was supposed to wait until I had the fixator off of my leg before I moved my life to the city where walking is the #1 mode of transportation. I saw my new doctor on Tuesday, and really liked the guy, but the combination of doing a lot of flexion work and using a new type of dressing on my pin sites resulted in the lower left two pin sites becoming infected. Therefore I have been a prisoner of my couch and the NCAA Tournament with my leg elevated...but the antibiodics are not working fast enough! I need to be able to go to work tomorrow because we have a game and I am in charge of the post-game Coke with Lime giveaway...it is going to be crazy, and since I planned it, I feel that I need to be there to make sure it all goes down the way I planned! Yikes. I had to buy crutches on Thursday and that is how I get around my apartment these days...but I can only have my leg underneath my heart for two to five minutes before I have to sit down again to elevate. Please pray for my leg and its quick healing!

1 Comments:
Court,
My heart goes out to you in the BIG APPLE with an awesome new job, apt, and set up--BUT your leg. There must be some reason it's playing out this way. Keeping your leg on its healing path is the no. 1 priority, even though it is tough to say no to the job and friends. I do believe that people will understand.
You are in charge, don't do any martyr thing; your leg is way too important. It will heal and you will be there totally in good time.
I love you!
Blessings and hugs,
Aunt Sharon
2:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home